This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Snapple. The opinions and text are all mine. #TrueTeaTaste
Summer comes only once a year! I like to make the most of these beautiful sunny days and keep life as simple as possible. With so much outdoor work to do (in addition to all the normal day to day tasks) indoor chores get cut back. Extensive cooking & baking goes south for the summer – I try to keep the food and drinks easy. Fresh, simple, laid back food for mostly laid back days.
The joys of summer bring fresh veggies. Some of us garden, some of us grab it from a local produce stand or market. Either or – it’s here, it’s in abundance and it’s just begging to be tossed into every dish imaginable. Nothing beats local produce, and for many of us, this season is only a few short months each year.
I have a stockpile of quick and easy recipes to get our fill of summer veggies in. This Veggie Spread is one of my favorites. It’s simple and can be easily made to your tastes and with whatever veggies you have on hand. Chop up some veggies, toss everything in the food processor and your spread is ready!
I enjoy this Veggie Spread as a light afternoon snack. It’s a nice midday break – served with crackers and a delicious iced tea. Think summer tea time 🙂
I’m a big tea drinker, hot and cold, and love it in all shapes and forms. I enjoy brewing my own iced tea but it seems supply just can’t meet demand in my home during the summer season, so I keep my fridge stocked with Snapple® Straight Up™ Tea. I love this stuff! Made with all-natural ingredients – nothing artificial – it has everything you need in it and none of the stuff you don’t. This tastes like iced tea is meant to taste!
I’m so excited about the two new varieties – Snapple® Straight Up™ Tea Rooibos and Sorta Sweet Honey Green Tea. Both these teas are light, tasty and refreshing – perfect for sipping any day!
Enjoy all the tastes of the season and live that laid back summer living!
Thanks for stopping by!
- 1- 8 oz package cream cheese, cubed
- ¾ cup chopped bell peppers - I used half green and half yellow
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 radishes, chopped
- 3-4 spring onions, snipped + extra for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons half & half (optional)
- freshly cracked salt & pepper, to taste
- Prep & chop all veggies.
- Place cubed cream cheese and all veggies into food processor. Pulse until desired consistency. If you want a chunkier spread, process less. If spread is too thick for your liking, a tablespoon or two of half and half may be added.
- Alternatively, if you didn't want to use a food processor, chop veggies finely or grate and stir by hand.
- Transfer spread to mixing bowl. Salt & pepper to taste, stir.
- Store covered in fridge for a few hours, allowing flavors to blend.
- Serve with fresh veggies, crackers, pita chips or wheat crackers. Garnish with additional pepper & snipped spring onions. Enjoy 🙂