This “Fiesta” Pasta Bake is a family favorite! This meal comes together simply & quickly – plus feeds a family for less than $10!
Today I’m sharing one of my favorite quick, delicious and cheap meals. Dinner doesn’t have to be a major production each night!
Gone are the days where I shop all over town for the best grocery deals. I just don’t have the time or energy for it anymore.
I used to go grocery shopping 3-4 times a week. I’d shop different stores for weekly sales and stores that had better everyday prices on specific items.
I realized a few things.
Most importantly, I was spending way too much time grocery shopping. Something I used to enjoy doing became a dreaded task.
I could save a dollar or two here or there – but at the end of the week – factoring in time and energy – how much was I really saving?
After all was said and done – nothing.
Then I found a one stop kinda place.
I’ve found Food Lion to be the best overall store for my weekly grocery shopping.
It’s easy to save at Food Lion! Between their everyday low prices, weekly specials, BOGO’s, Personalized MVP offers & coupons, Shop & Earn, Freshness Guarantee and whatever coupons I casually clip – Food Lion reigns superior. If you’re like me, and can’t keep up with weekly circulars, Food Lion is still easy to shop. They have in-store signs everywhere leading you to sales and best prices!
I’ll admit, for the most part, I’m not a brand snob. I’ve come to trust and rely on Food Lion’s private label store brand. Most of the products I happily stock up on (pasta, sauces, beans, salsa, canned goods galore) save me almost a whopping fifty percent! Same quality as the name brands…just different label.
I LOVE Food Lion’s fresh meat selection! The quality, the selection and prices are awesome! As a weekly shopper I’ve learned to stock up & freeze during sales – it keeps my budget rounded all month long.
The best example of everyday savings is how I easily feed my family of four with a meal under $10. A delicious and hearty meal can effortlessly be made any night of the week while on a budget when shopping at Food Lion.
This Fiesta Pasta Bake is one of my favorite examples. A handful of simple ingredients come together quickly for a fun & tasty dinner any night of the week.
I toss in whatever ground meat is cheapest – be it beef, chicken or turkey. Or I use leftovers if I have them. Shredded chicken, pork, beef – they are delicious in this casserole!
Oh, this meal is great meatless as well. You can skip the meat and add an extra can of black beans & corn.
This meal can be easily dressed up with fresh produce…cilantro, avocado slices, dices tomatoes, shredded lettuce, guacamole…if it’s in the budget. The family loves it either way!
Don’t forget to top it all off with a generous dollop of sour cream!
Hope you enjoy! Thanks for stopping by!
"Fiesta" Pasta Bake
- 1 pound pasta
- 1 pound ground beef chicken or turkey (leftovers work great here too)
- 29 oz can tomato sauce
- 16 oz jar salsa
- 15 oz can black beans rinsed & drained
- 15 oz can corn drained
- 8 oz or more shredded cheese - reserve 1/2 cup
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of chipotle powder optional
- sour cream to serve
- optional toppings - avocado slices, gucamole, hot sauce, salsa, lettuce, tomato, cilantro
- Start pasta first. Cook until al dente. (I prefer to do this in a large pot/stock pot so I can mix everything in it afterwards. Saves washing a mixing bowl)
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray/grease a deep 13x9 casserole dish.
- In the meantime, brown, crumble & drain ground beef.
- Combine pasta, ground beef, tomato sauce, salsa, black beans, cheese, corn and all seasonings.
- Scrape into greased casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle reserved shredded cheese and bake 5 minutes or until melted.
- Serve with sour cream - a must! We also love this with hot sauce, additional salsa, fresh snipped cilantro, gucamole or avocado slices....