This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OREOSuperDunk #CollectiveBias
As much as I complain about the cold weather – I must admit – a part of me loves it. I love the change of the seasons and the unique beauty each season brings. Winter brings crisp cold weather, snowy days, gray-blue skys and long starry nights. Mother nature takes a much needed break from full bloom.
Although most cold days I’d prefer to hibernate, my kids seem pretty resilient to the near artic temperatures. They bundle up, play in the snow, blow bubbles, roller skate, play basketball, hula hoop – things normal people would do in warm weather. They’ll go and go until I force them to come inside. Red cheeked and frozen hands – they reluctantly come in.
I don’t spoil my girls too much – but I certainly enjoy making the most of the little moments in life. Nothing warms up cold kissed faces, frozen noses and fingers quicker than a mug of hot cocoa and their favorite snack – OREO cookies.
The girls can’t eat an OREO without dunking. Most months of the year they request a big glass of cold milk, but on cold days, we dunk “winter style” with our favorite cup of hot cocoa.
I’ve gave up hot chocolate powdered mixes long ago. Its so simple to make a thick, creamy, rich & delicious cup of hot cocoa with ingredients you already have on hand.
Served with your favorite OREO cookies – this is snack perfection – for kids and adults alike. We can never decide between Original OREO or Golden OREO Cookies – so we just have to buy and eat them both 🙂
Hope you enjoy this winter season!
Thanks for stopping by!
- 3 cups milk (I prefer 2% to whole)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat. Stir constantly. Do not let mixture come to a boil & do not walk away from stove.
- Keep stirring constantly until chips are melted. You should see lots of chocolate specs - start whisking mixture until all specs are melted. This will take about 5 minutes start to finish.
- Turn heat off & use ladle to pour into mugs. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon & top with whipped cream if desired.
I headed to my local Redner’s Market to stock up on OREO cookies, milk and everything else we needed for snacktime perfection ♥