Peach & Blueberry Quinoa Salad #FoodBloggerLove
A healthy, light & delicious Peach & Blueberry Quinoa Salad. Makes a great breakfast, snack or dessert. Recipe adapted, with love, from The Gluten-Free Foodsmith ♥
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 2 cups
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoon salted butter or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk or your preferred milk
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 15 oz can sliced peaches drained & chopped (I used about 3/4 of the can - use more or less to your liking)
- optional - additional maple syrup for drizzling and/or whipped cream
In a medium saucepan, combine cooked quinoa & butter over low heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted.
Add almond milk, honey, maple syrup, cinnamon & vanilla extract. Stir well to combine and continue to cook over low heat, stirring once or twice, for another 2-3 minutes.
Remove from heat and gently stir in blueberries & peaches.
Serve warm or cold. Drizzle with additional maple syrup if you'd like and/or top with whipped cream. Enjoy ♥
I used leftover cooked quinoa I had on hand. If you need to make 2 cups cooked quinoa:
You will need 3/4 cup raw quinoa, 1 1/2 cup water & a pinch of salt.
Combine rinsed quinoa & water in a medium saucepan.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low & cover.
Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat & let sit, still covered for an additional 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
You could then add ingredients needed for recipe.