Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars | Diabetic Friendly
Peanut Butter Low Carb Protein Bars. Made with coconut flour - perfect for diabetics & carb counters.
Prep Time2 hrs
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time2 hrs 5 mins
Servings: 9 bars
- 1 cup raw organic coconut flour
- 2 scoops chocolate or chocolate peanut butter protein powder 36 grams each scoop
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil solid then melted
- 1/2 cup +1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
Process until completely combined, stopping once or twice to scrape sides.
Taste. If mixture is too dry for you - add an additional 1-2 tablespoon of almond milk. Additional peanut butter can be added but it will change the carb & protein totals.
Line a 8" or 9" square pan with wax paper.
Transfer mixture to pan - spread/pat down with a spatula into an even layer.
Refrigerate for a few hours. Remove wax paper from pan and cut protein bars into 9 pieces - I use a pizza cutter.
Store protein bars covered in fridge. I enjoy these bars as is - but if you feel you need a little more - spread a bit of peanut butter and a pinch of chocolate chips on top.