Beef Korma - An Uncomplicated Version
An uncomplicated and mild curry that my whole family can enjoy.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time2 hrs
Total Time2 hrs 15 mins
Servings: 4 -5 servings
- 1 1/2 pound - beef stew cubes
- 1 tablespoon - good peanut oil
- 1 medium - onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon - butter
- 3 clove - garlic minced
- 1 can - coconut milk 13.5 oz
- 1 can - diced tomatoes fire roasted preferably (14.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup - warm water
- 1 tablespoon - parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoon - mild curry powder heaping
- 1 1/2 tablespoon - paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon - salt
- 1/4 teaspoon - ground cinnamon
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
Salt and pepper beef cubes. Sear beef in peanut oil in large skillet. Remove beef, set aside.
In same skillet - add onions, garlic and butter. Saute for about 5 minutes.
￼Add tomatoes, undrained. Add coconut milk. Add 1/2 cup warm water to empty coconut milk can, mixing and scraping any milk left over at bottom and on sides - add to skillet. Add remaining ingredients and beef.
Over medium-high heat bring everything to a boil, stirring often.
Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 1/2 - 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until beef is tender.
I serve this over jasmine rice. This is also good over diced potatoes or chick peas. Enjoy : )