Whole Wheat Cottage Cheese Pancakes
Stop, don't go! These pancakes are totally delicious - you'd never suspect they were a healthier pancake made with cottage cheese & whole wheat flour!
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup whole milk/4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon SweetLeaf Sugar Leaf sweetener or preferred artificial sweetener or 1-2 tablespoons sugar
- butter about 1 tablespoon
Whisk in cottage cheese and remaining ingredients.
Add butter to griddle or frying pan and heat to medium heat.
Pour out pancakes in about ¼ cup portions - I use a ladle.
Cook for 3 minutes or until set and golden brown, flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Serve and enjoy. I serve with butter and an assortment of syrups & jams. Sugar free syrup, real maple syrup, chocolate syrup....
Makes about 4 pancakes - 1 generous serving or 2 light servings.