Beer-Boiled Shrimp & Corn
Nothing says sunny day eats than Southern Style Beer-Boiled Shrimp & Corn. This one pot meal comes together quickly & effortlessly - get a bowl before it's gone ♥
- 6 cups water
- 1 bottle 12 ounces ale or beer - I used a lemon shandy (water may be substituted)
- 1 onion cut in 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay or preferred ground seafood seasoning blend
- 4 small thin-skinned not baking potatoes, quartered (about 1-1/4 pounds) - I used reds
- 4 ears Sunshine Sweet corn husked and cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 small cabbage cut in 4 wedges
- 1 - 2 pound unpeeled large shrimp
In a large stockpot, combine water, beer, onion and seafood seasoning. Stir, separating onion pieces and bring to a boil.
Add potatoes; cover and boil until barely tender, about 10 minutes.
Stir in corn and cabbage cook about 5 minutes.
Add shrimp and cook until shrimp turns pink, about 5 minutes.
Serve, with a spoonful of stock & enjoy!