Summer Yellow Squash Roasted in Lemon & Olive Oil
Summer squash with big, bold & bright flavor! Roasted in olive oil & lemon juice - it's easy, delicious, different and exciting to eat!
- 2 pounds summer summer squash yellow or crookneck
- 3-4 tablespoon olive oil
- sprinkle of garlic powder approx 1/8 teaspoon
- sprinkle of pepper approx 1/8 teaspoon
- sprinkle of paprika approx 1/8 teaspoon
- freshly ground sea salt generously to taste
- 1 large lemon
Preheat oven to 400°
Prep baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Rinse squash. Cut off ends and cut into desired size. I cut into quarters lenthwise and then cut into 1" pieces. Do not remove seeds or rinds - both are edible.
Place squash pieces on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive and toss until completely coated.
Lightly sprinkle garlic powder, pepper and paprika over squash.
Generously season squash with freshly ground salt.
Squeeze lemon juice over squash.
Bake for 45 -60 minutes or until desired tenderness. I prefer the squash to start lightly browning and bake for about an hour.
Serve immediately. Enjoy!