Chicken and Olive Stew
A rustic, hearty and comforting chicken and green olive stew. Basic ingredients combined make a soulful and flavorful stew.
- 2 pound - boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoon - olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup - dry red wine
- 1 can - petite diced tomatoes undrained (14.5 oz)
- 1 teaspoon - dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon - dried basil
- 1 pinch - of oregano
- 1 1/2 cup - chicken broth
- 3/4 cup - pitted green olives
- 1 1/2 cup - ditalini pasta dry (or other small pasta)
- 1 freshly ground salt & pepper to taste
Cut chicken thighs into bite sized pieces.
In large skillet or dutch oven, heat up olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and lightly brown. .
Add minced garlic to pan. Saute and stir for 2-3 minutes.
Pour wine and can of tomatoes (undrained) into skillet. Add parsley, basil and oregano. Simmer over medium-high heat for a few minutes.
Add in chicken broth. Simmer on low heat for about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Add olives during last 10 minutes of cooking. Add salt and pepper to taste.
While stew is simmering - boil a pot of salted water and cook your pasta a bit shy of al dente. Drain.
Add pasta to stew and simmer for a few more minutes. Enjoy : )