Creamy, garlicky Baked Cheesy Spinach Feta Dip. Easy to make, even easier to eat! Serve with crackers, pita bread or baguette slices – it’s a delicious anytime treat!
A Dip For Any Occasion
I’ve happily come to peace with the decision that I don’t need a special occasion to make dips & spreads. I used to reserve such deliciousness for entertaining, but I’m over that. When you want a warm cheesy dip, you deserve a warm cheesy dip. Cheers to this Baked Cheesy Spinach Feta Dip!
A Handful of Ingredients
This Baked Spinach Feta Dip only needs a handful of ingredients – and you probably already have a few of them on hand!
I always keep a few bags or boxes of frozen chopped spinach in my freezer. I find myself reaching for it constantly – it’s an awesome addition to many soups, dips & pasta dishes. Visit The Kitchn for more frozen spinach ideas….
Let’s talk mayonnaise. I’m not here to slander anyone’s personal mayo preference – BUT – this recipe needs real mayo. Hellman’s, Kraft, Duke’s – whichever you prefer. That sweet “salad dressing” stuff will not work in this recipe.
You might be raising an eyebrow over the amount of mayo & sour cream this recipe calls for. I understand. We’ll just say this isn’t health food & it’s certainly a treat, not a routine food. You might be tempted to substitute low-fat versions, but I can’t recommend it.
Mix & Bake
This dip couldn’t be simpler to make. Rinse & squeeze the thawed spinach (I press it out in a colander) and stir in the other ingredients. Spoon into a baking dish and throw it in the oven. You can use a casserole dish, bread dish or various size oven safe dishes like I do.
This dip can easily be made ahead and baked when you’re ready. It also reheats wonderfully!
Serve & Get to Dipping
I serve this hot out of the oven with triscuit crackers, pita bread & baguette slices. This dip is also good cool – but I definitely prefer it hot!
Thanks for stopping by!
Baked Spinach Feta Dip
- 12 oz package frozen chopped spinach (10 oz – 12 oz) thawed, rinsed & squeezed
- oz feta cheese crumbles
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise real mayo
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- olive oil or cooking spray
- triscuits, crackers, pita slices, baguette slices to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Using olive oil or cooking spray, grease baking dishes. You can use any size casserole/oven safe dish – I usually use 2-3 dishes of various size, you can use one 8X8 if you prefer.
- Rinse & squeeze out thawed spinach. I prefer to press down on the spinach through a colander.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the spinach, feta cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, shredded cheese & minced garlic.
- Scrape/spoon spinach mixture into greased baking dishes. Bake 25 – 30 minutes, until sides are bubbling & top is starting to get golden brown.
- Let dip cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve warm with crackers, pita bread, baguette slices. Enjoy!
In a dipping mood? Check out my Cheesy Baked Crab Dip!