Get a quick & delicious dinner on the table with this Tomato, Spinach & Mushroom Cheesy Gnocchi Bake. This is a great base recipe that can be customized to your family’s tastes 🙂
Dinnertime. It’s a different affair in every household. Some people eat out, others order in, some people heat up ready made foods, some cook mostly homemade and others cook completely from scratch.
We’re a combination of all the above. I prefer to cook from scratch as much as possible – but then life happens. I’m busy, you’re busy, we’re all busy – every single day. We all need a menu of delicious meals that are quick, nutritious and cost effective.
What matters to me most is that we sit down as a family and enjoy a good dinner together. It’s become a nightly tradition. It’s important to make time for the seemingly small things in life. These days won’t last forever, so it’s often these simplest moments that you, and your family, will remember forever ♥
I’ve learned to keep my pantry & fridge stocked with an assortment of ingredients that make quick & tasty meals. Kind of an arsenal of quick cooking ingredients that can be tossed together last minute to create something brilliant.
I’ve said it many times before – my family loves my homemade sauce. Simmered for hours, it’s absolute perfection for my family’s tastes. As much as we love it, there just isn’t always enough time in the day for it.
In comes Ragu Homestyle. I love it! I’ve shared a recipe before featuring Ragu Homestyle Roasted Garlic. I’ve kept a variety of these thick, noodle hugging sauces on hand ever since. It’s perfect for those nights when you need a good meal but don’t have time to fuss. You don’t have to sacrifice taste or nutrition for convenience. Ragu Homestyle is loaded with big & bold flavor – made with the ripest & freshest ingredients and simmered with herbs like basil, fennel, oregano and black pepper. It has all the homemade taste you want and none of the stuff you don’t. No artificial flavors, colors or high fructose corn syrup.
This Baked Gnocchi is a fabulous quick meal. Gnocchi only needs to cook for a minute or two. After draining the water, I throw the sauce and all the ingredients into the pot and mix it up. This recipe can be customized a million ways to your taste. Add your favorite veggies, fresh herbs, jarred peppers, pepperoni, leftover chicken, sausage, meats – whatever you want! Top with your favorite cheese and bake. Easy peasy – a lot of flavor without a lot of effort.
I hope you enjoy this Baked Gnocchi recipe. Find some dinnertime inspiration with Ragu! Seriously – there are LOADS of recipes on their website – many of them take a half hour or less to make. Grilled Pizza, Shrimp Fra Diavola, Caprese Farfalle, Spicy Beef Chorizo Grilled Pizza, Skillet Lasagna, Poblano Chicken Alfredo, Noodle-less Zucchini Lasagna, Braised Tuscan Short Ribs – so many recipes and ideas!! You’ve got to check it out!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy Cooking 🙂
Cheesy Baked Spinach & Mushroom Gnocchi
- 1 pound package gnocchi
- 1 jar RAGÚ Homestyle Thick & Hearty Mushroom Sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 cup spinach packed (torn into pieces)
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms - I use presliced divided
- pinch of red pepper flakes optional
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray or grease a square 8" casserole dish.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add gnocchi - cook for 2-3 minutes - just until they start to float.
- Drain water. Return gnocchi to pot.
- Add sauce, ricotta, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, spinach & approximately 6 oz. mushrooms. (Save a handful of mushrooms for top of casserole) Add a pinch of red pepper flakes if you'd like a little heat. Stir until combined.
- Spoon mixture into baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 1/4 shredded cheese evenly over top. Place reserved mushrooms on top of cheese. I also threw a handful of grape tomatoes on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. If you have tomatoes on top, broil at end of baking time for a minute or two.
- Let dish rest for about 10 minutes before cutting. Serve & enjoy 🙂