A healthy, light & delicious Peach & Blueberry Quinoa Salad. Makes a great breakfast, snack or dessert. Recipe adapted, with love, from The Gluten-Free Foodsmith ♥
I’m so excited to participate in the #FoodBloggerLove event this year! This is a fun event where we all get to meet other bloggers that we might not have met before over the foodie circuit. Not only do I get to know a little about the blogger, I also get to share their recipes & story with my readers. Win for all!
This event introduced me to Tina Marie at the Gluten-Free Foodsmith. Tina’s mission is to recreate all her favorite recipes, old and new, into gluten-free recipes that her, her family and all foodies can enjoy. You’ll find many of her recipes are health conscience, she enjoys using organic ingredients & loves chocolate 🙂
The thing to remember about gluten-free recipes is they are easily converted if you have no dietary restrictions. These recipes are for all to enjoy!
I read thru years of her recipes – they’re all SO wonderful! I had such a hard time picking just one recipe to share! I know I can’t wait to try her Cranberry Champagne Cake & Chocolate Confetti Quinoa Cookies ♥
I decided to try Tina’s Warm Plum & Blueberry Quinoa Salad. It automatically popped out at me since I’ve been working with quinoa in desserts so much lately.
This lightly sweetened Quinoa Salad is light & delicious. This is a much lighter, healthier sweet than you might be used to seeing around here. It’s very reminiscent of a rice pudding, can be served cold, warm or hot and makes a great breakfast, dessert or snack. It’s a very adaptable recipe and could easily be vegan if you omit the honey (and the butter in my adaptation). You could use any milk, any oil/fat, any fruit – I think you’re going to like it…..♥
Want some more recipes from The Gluten-Free Foodsmith? Check out her Top 10 Recipes from 2016!
Gluten-Free Foodsmith Top 10 Recipes For 2016
Click here to visit The Gluten-Free Foodsmith
You can also follow The Gluten-Free Foodsmith on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram & Twitter
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Peach & Blueberry Quinoa Salad #FoodBloggerLove
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoon salted butter or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk or your preferred milk
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 15 oz can sliced peaches drained & chopped (I used about 3/4 of the can - use more or less to your liking)
- optional - additional maple syrup for drizzling and/or whipped cream
- In a medium saucepan, combine cooked quinoa & butter over low heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted.
- Add almond milk, honey, maple syrup, cinnamon & vanilla extract. Stir well to combine and continue to cook over low heat, stirring once or twice, for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in blueberries & peaches.
- Serve warm or cold. Drizzle with additional maple syrup if you'd like and/or top with whipped cream. Enjoy ♥
- I used leftover cooked quinoa I had on hand. If you need to make 2 cups cooked quinoa:
- You will need 3/4 cup raw quinoa, 1 1/2 cup water & a pinch of salt.
- Rinse quinoa.
- Combine rinsed quinoa & water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low & cover.
- Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat & let sit, still covered for an additional 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- You could then add ingredients needed for recipe.
Cheers to Allison at The PinterTest Kitchen for putting this event on! Interested in participating in this or other #FoodBloggerLove events? Join the Facebook group for more information!
Check out all the other goodness from #FoodBloggerLove!
I love this salad…I think it would make a great breakfast too.
Thanks Wendy! I’ve fallen in love with this salad – I keep making it with leftover quinoa and what fruits I have on hand!
Thank you so much! Your’s looks amazingly delicious! This is one of my favorites for breakfast on a winter’s day! I think with our snow storm we are having now I need a bucket full of this soul warming food.
All my pleasure! I had fun discovering your blog & reading thru all your recipes – they’re all so wonderful! I love all things cranberries and seriously can not wait to try your Cranberry Champagne Cake!
This Quinoa Salad has become my official late night snack! I always have leftover quinoa in the fridge and I always crave something sweet-ish after dinner – so this works wonderfully!
Stay warm & I hope the snow gives you a break. We’ve been pretty fortunate in PA this winter…so far 🙂
If anything could get my fellas to it quinoa, it would be peaches & blueberries!
Lol, right!?! Top it with lots of whipped cream and they’ll have no idea what they’re eating 🙂
I love Tina’s blog! What a wonderful recipe! And yes, it would be a great breakfast!
Hi Karen! I love her blog too – so I glad I found it thru this event. Loving this recipe – I keep making it with whatever fruits I have on hand – it’s sooo good ♥
sarah k @ the pajama chef
what a great recipe! definitely trying this during peach season 🙂
Thanks so much Sarah! We pick our own peaches & blueberries when they’re in season…my oh my…I can’t wait 🙂
I have never had a sweet quinoa dish. I think this is brilliant! Can’t wait to try it.
Thanks Katie! I’ve been incorporating quinoa in a lot of desserts lately and this one was just perfect! Hope you love it ♥