This post was sponsored by Sunshine Sweet Corn as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Nothing says sunny day eats than a Southern Style Shrimp & Corn Boil. This one pot meal comes together quickly & effortlessly – get a bowl before it's gone ♥
Spring is here! As the days get warmer and longer we eagerly start coming out of hibernation. It's time to get outside, enjoy the weather and live again!
Sunny days have us wanting sunny day foods. I crave fresh veggies & fruit! Residing in The Northeast, the veggie pickings are few & far this time of the year. Root vegetables – that's about it.
I live in a farming county. Corn is one of our biggest crops and we practically live on the stuff while it's in season. Nothing beats sweet corn, eaten right off the cob, all buttered and salted up. I eagerly look forward to our local season – but we have months to go.
I just recently learned that delicious corn is available at this time of the year. Lucky for us all, Florida's peak season for corn is April & May – right now! It's in season & in your stores produce section today!
Florida Sunshine Sweet Corn tastes just like the the best sweet corn I get at my local farm stands! All the corn lovers in my family couldn't believe how sweet, delicious and tender this corn is!
I found a gold mine of recipes while browsing the Sunshine Sweet Corn website – so many that I'd love to make. One stuck out – one of those recipes that you know you need to have immediately.
Beer-boiled Shrimp & Corn. Nothing says good & simple summer time eating than a Shrimp & Corn boil. Simplicity is key here. Throw everything in a stockpot and boil it to perfection – how easy is that!? This recipe is super versatile as well. Don't do beer – then don't add it. Can't stand cabbage – then skip it. Love corn and shrimp – then add more – I did 🙂
I love Old Bay seafood seasoning – but seriously – don't get heavy handed with it. Too much of it will ruin a good thing. Serve with your favorite seafood seasoning – if people want more of a kick then they can add a little more to taste.
I couldn't make this stuff last! It disappeared quick – everyone wanted seconds…and thirds!
Here's to sunny day eats! Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy Eating ♥
Sunshine Sweet Corn is grown only in Florida. This Supersweet category corn is 100% natural and is NOT genetically modified.
To learn more visit the Sunshine Sweet Corn Website! You'll find tons of recipes & inspiration and learn everything you need to know about this delicious Florida corn!
Beer-Boiled Shrimp & Corn
- 6 cups water
- 1 bottle 12 ounces ale or beer - I used a lemon shandy (water may be substituted)
- 1 onion cut in 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay or preferred ground seafood seasoning blend
- 4 small thin-skinned not baking potatoes, quartered (about 1-1/4 pounds) - I used reds
- 4 ears Sunshine Sweet corn husked and cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 small cabbage cut in 4 wedges
- 1 - 2 pound unpeeled large shrimp
- In a large stockpot, combine water, beer, onion and seafood seasoning. Stir, separating onion pieces and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes; cover and boil until barely tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in corn and cabbage cook about 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook until shrimp turns pink, about 5 minutes.
- Serve, with a spoonful of stock & enjoy!