Hungry for something sweet? Have a bunch of Easter candy to use up? Don’t feel like baking or fussing? This Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Peeps Fudge gets made in the microwave in less then 5 minutes! Sweet, creamy, delicious & absolutely effortless!
I kid you not. This first got written in July. I was cleaning out a snack cabinet and uncovered an ancient archive of Peeps – orange bunnies and white snowmen.
Food does not get thrown away in my house. These peeps were perfectly edible and found themselves a new purpose. Fudge.
Now it’s March, a few days after Easter and I find myself staring at 3 packages of peeps. I’m not terribly fond of marshmallows but I can get down with a few peeps. A few. Then the super sugary sweet gets almost sickeningly sweet and we’ve all had enough. Each week they get pushed further & further back in the snack cabinet. Into the abyss.
This time I’m jumping straight to the chase. The peeps might not have time to properly age & mature like you would find in a true vintage peep fudge, but I’m sure most of our marshmallow tastes aren’t that discerning.
So onto making our Chocolate Peanut Butter Peep Fudge. Get all your ingredients in a bowl, except the peeps, microwave and stir until just melted & combined. Not molten liquid, just melted. Stir your chopped up peeps in, scrape that fudgie goodness into a pan & into the fridge it goes until it’s set up.
Yup. That didn’t even take 5 minutes. The hardest part is waiting. Patience is a virtue.
2 -3 hours later you’ll have yourself an impressive fudge. This fudge is firm but soft to bite. It’s rich, chocolate peanut butter goodness with soft bites of pillowy marshmallow. Sweet, creamy, delicious – yum!
I hope enjoy this fudge. It’s such a great way to use up Easter candy that might otherwise end up getting tossed. Oh, and if you don’t have peeps you can always use a cup or two of mini marshmallows. Don’t have chocolate chips – get to chopping up some of those chocolate Easter bunnies 🙂
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Peeps Fudge
- 1 12 oz bag of semisweet chocolate chips (or 2 cups chopped chocolate)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 3 -4 oz. package Peeps -OR- 1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Grease/spray a 8"x8" dish or pan.
- Chop peeps, set aside.
- Combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and margarine in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute. Stir.
- Microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir. At this point it should be melted & combined - if not microwave for another 15 - 30 seconds. You want it just melted and combined - not molten.
- Stir in marshmallows.
- Spoon into a greased 8"x8" dish.
- Refrigerate for a few hours until fudge is set. Cut into small squares & enjoy. Fudge must be stored in fridge.