BIG, thick, jumbo chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. This Chocolate Chip Cookie reigns supreme in the cookie game!
Everyone has a favorite chocolate chip cookie. If you’re not much of a chocolate chip cookie connoisseur then you might think they’re all pretty much the same. You would be mistaken, though. There’s crispy, chewy, crunchy, soft, flat, thick, crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside – so many varieties. Ahh…the magic of baking.
In my home, one chocolate chip cookie reigns supreme. It’s a thick and chewy cookie. Oh, and it’s a BIG one. Jumbo, to be exact.
I found this recipe almost 5 years ago on Cookpad (formerly “All The Cooks”). The recipe was shared from a fella named Sarge. I made these cookies one time and there was no turning back. From that moment on, all other chocolate chip cookies paled in comparison.
It’s a pretty basic cookie dough recipe – it’s just a larger batch. Oh, and you’re dropping the dough by 1/4 cups instead of the standard measly tablespoon. I’ll forewarn you, I burned up a stand mixer with this cookie dough. Lesson learned – I now use a handheld mixer to cream the butter and sugars and stir the flour in by hand.
This makes 2 dozen of thick, chewy, jumbo, delicious chocolate chip cookies. I have never eaten more than one cookie in a sitting. I’m like a cookie monster – so seriously, it’s one BIG cookie.
Give it a try – if you’re a fan of chewy chocolate chip cookie then this is for you! If you’re a fan of those thin & crispy chocolate chip cookies, well, it’s about time to come to the other side 🙂
Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy Baking!
- 4½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cup butter, softened (3 sticks)
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined and creamy.
- Stir in flour, 1 heaping cup at a time until everything is combined and there is no more dry patches (check bottom of bowl)
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by ¼ cups on ungreased cookie sheet - 6 cookies on a sheet.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until cookies just start to get light golden brown on tops.
- Let cookies rest for a minute or two on cookie sheet and transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Enjoy 🙂