This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #IndulgenceDoneRight #CollectiveBias
This Pumpkin Bundt® Cake with a Brown Butter Icing & a cup of coffee make the perfect fall or anytime treat!
Pumpkin is one of my favorite flavors! I don’t need cool, crisp days and the glittering array of the leaves changing colors to make me crave all things pumpkin – but it sure does help.
Fall marks the beginning of the nonstop baking season for me. County fairs, apple everything, almost daily cravings for fresh baked bread – all of a sudden I realize I’m running out of flour on a weekly basis. Hello fall.
Pumpkin, though. Nothing quite tastes like the fall season as pumpkin.
As much as I love pumpkin, for some reason I usually default to baking pumpkin breads. I really do enjoy pumpkin bread, but our favorite fall time bounty deserves more than bread after bread recipe.
It’s been a few years since I baked this Pumpkin Cake for myself. I’ve baked it for charity dinners & bake sales – but haven’t sat down and enjoyed a slice (or two) for myself in a long time. Oh, how I’ve missed it.
This cake is moist and rich with the perfect amount of pumpkin flavor & spices. A simple brown butter icing takes it absolutely over the top.
This fall favorite dessert pairs perfectly with a hot cup of coffee. Hold the sugar, please, I’m sweet enough. What I do need is good half & half. Like new Land O Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half. The simple goodness of Half & Half made with an extra rich blend of real milk and cream – the way Half & Half should be.
I’ve fallen in love with new Land O Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half. It’s extra rich blend of real milk and cream make for a simple indulgence you will love too! It makes my morning coffee (and the numerous cups to follow) extra rich and creamy. No added sweeteners, no funny business – just a rich, gourmet half & half for the perfect cup of coffee you deserve.
I baked this cake twice in one week. Both times it was gone within a day. Good company, good cake and good coffee – they make a wonderful combination!
Happy fall everyone!
Craft the ultimate cup of coffee with new Land O Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half. Visit here for more information.
Pumpkin Bundt® Cake with Brown Butter Glaze
- For Cake:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks salted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- For Brown Butter Icing
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- For Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease & flour a bundt® pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger & salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, cream butter.
- Add in both sugars and vanilla, beat until creamy.
- Add in eggs, beat.
- Add pumpkin puree, mix until combined. This will have a curdled look to it - no worries.
- Add in half of flour mixture. Mix until combined, stopping to scraped down sides of bowl. Add in other half of flour mixture. Mix until everything is combined. Mixture will be light and fluffy.
- Scrape cake batter into bundt® pan, smooth and even out top.
- Bake for about 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Transfer to wire cooling rack. Let cool for 15 minutes and remove cake from pan. Continue to let cake cool on wire rack.
- For Brown Butter Icing:
- Have all ingredients measured and ready to go.
- Add stick of butter to a stainless steel saucepan. Don't walk away, stay by saucepan during whole process - it only takes a few minutes start to finish and can burn easily.
- Over medium to medium high heat, melt butter and continually whisk or swirl butter.
- Butter will start to foam up, keeping whisking or swirlng. You'll notice little brown specks at the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat and continue to whisk or swirl for a few seconds.
- Whisk in powdered sugar, Land O Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half and vanilla. Whisk until smooth and all lumps are gone.
- Use immediately. Spoon or drizzle over cake.
Thao @ In Good Flavor
Coffee and pumpkin cake is a perfect fall snack (or breakfast ). This pumpkin cake looks super moist and delicious, Amanda!
Thanks so much Thao! I’d be a super happy woman enjoying this combo for breakfast every morning 😉
This pumpkin bundt cake looks amazing! I can only imagine how delicious it is with a hot cup of coffee. Yum! #client
Thanks so much Emily! It’s one of my favorite fall bakes. It’s perfection with a hot cup of coffee ♥