This post may contain affiliate links and/or Amazon affiliate links. As always, all opinions are my own. Thanks for reading & thanks for your support.
This Apple Cake With Caramel Glaze is a light & fluffy apple cake with a sweet buttery caramel glaze.
Love Your Local Produce
How many times could I bake and enjoy this Apple Cake with Caramel Glaze in just one week?
Turns out, three times. I baked this three times, in less than a week, and couldn’t stay away from it each time. Given the chance, I would have went for a fourth round with it.
The beginning of this story starts with a half bushel of apples for sale along side the road. For $8. Fresh from a local farms small orchard and into my kitchen.
So apples it is. It’s the season. There’s a million wonderful reasons to eat local and nothing beats amazing fresh produce at crazy cheap prices.
Check out these Caramel Apple Bites for a fun, easy & delicious recipe!
A Light & Fluffy Apple Cake
Many apple baked goods can be heavier and dense. Which is wonderful – they are moist & delicious. Fall baking tends to be heartier.
I really wanted a soft, light, fluffy apple cake – and here it is!
Speaking of light & fluffy – Seven Sisters Scones. They make the most amazing scones & you can get them delivered to your door. Packaged beautifully – they make an amazing gift or treat for yourself. Click to Save 10% with promo code SISTER.
Ingredients & Instructions
This cake really is simple to make. Follow the recipe and it will be perfect.
I baked one cake and decided to measure “extra generous” with the apples. Please don’t. It absolutely changed the texture of the cake. Delicious still, yes. Light & fluffy – not so much.
As for the glaze on top of this cake. It has a buttery caramel flavor and you can make it as thick or thin as you’d like.
For a thinner glaze, boil for about a minute. Thicker, 2-3 minutes. I think I found my happy place glaze at about 2 minutes.
The glaze is best with heavy cream – but half & half or milk will work in a pinch.
Hope you enjoy!
Apple Cake With Caramel Glaze
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups chopped apples
- 4 tablespoon salted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream half & half or milk work fine too
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease/spray a 13″x9″ baking dish.
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, applesauce & oil and beat.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt & vanilla until combined.
- Stir in apples.
- Pour batter into baking dish. Bake for 30 – 36 minutes. Top will be golden brown and toothpick inserted near center should come out clean.
- Cool on wire rack & glaze.
- For Glaze:
- Combine butter, brown sugar, heavy cream & vanilla in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stirring often, bring to a light boil.
- Stirring constantly, let boil for a minute for a thin glaze and 2-3 minutes for a thicker glaze.
- Let cool for a few minutes & pour/spoon glaze over cake and spread evenly with a spoon or spatula.
- Serve & enjoy. Store cake loosely covered.