Sweet, Creamy Warm Vegan Couscous Pudding Made With Coconut Milk, Cinnamon & Raisins. It’s a Quicker Version of Rice Pudding – Perfect for Dessert or Breakfast.
Warm, Sweet & Creamy Couscous Dessert
I’ll start off by telling you my motivation for this recipe. I wanted a warm rice pudding but with less time & effort to prepare.
A quick rice pudding? It takes at least 25 minutes to make a pot of rice. Not terribly long, I know, but time is something we never have enough of…
Couscous, that’s quick though – cooks in 5 minutes quick.
Want another quick & vegan sweet treat? Click here for my Chocolate Avocado Truffles!
Ingredients & Prep For Couscous Pudding
This Couscous Pudding takes a little over 10 minutes to make and is ready to eat in just about 20 minutes.
Start by cooking the couscous.
While that’s going, simmer the coconut milk, vanilla, sugar & spices over low heat, stirring often, until thickened or about 10 minutes. Add the raisins and simmer for an additional minute or two.
Fluff the couscous, add to the liquids, and stir to combine. Remove from heat and let the pudding cool & thicken up a bit.
Serve & Enjoy
This Couscous Pudding is wonderful served warm with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
It’s creamy, delicious and fondly reminiscent of rice pudding. Can be served as breakfast, dessert or an anytime sweet snack. Anytime comfort food goodness!
I’m so happy with how this Couscous Pudding turned out. So sweet and creamy – you will not miss the dairy! Just as impressive is how quick and easy this pudding is to make.
This pudding is best served warm and reheats wonderfully.
Hope you enjoy!
Couscous Pudding (Vegan)
- 3/4 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup couscous
- 1 can coconut milk 13.5 oz
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cardamon pod green, seeds removed and crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoon raisins more if you’d like
- Add water and salt to a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in couscous.
- Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with fork before adding to sauce.
- In a separate small saucepan, over low heat, add coconut milk, vanilla, cardamon seeds, cinnamon and sugar.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add raisins, simmer and stir for a minute or two.
- Stir in couscous and remove from heat.
- Allow pudding to cool and thicken for 10 – 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon, raisins or shredded coconut if you’d like. Enjoy : )