Canned Peaches Dessert. Canned peaches transform into a delicious, elegant dessert with balsamic vinegar & vanilla ice cream. Have it on your table in under 10 minutes!
This post may contain affiliate links and/or Amazon affiliate links. As always, all opinions remain my own. Thanks for reading & thanks for your support!
Not all canned fruits have a good reputation. Sometimes mushy and drowned in sugary syrup – many people can’t recall a time they’ve enjoyed it since their elementary school cafeteria days.
It’s important to note that the canned fruit game has changed over the years. Not everything is packed in syrup – much is now in water or it’s own juices.
You’ll find that you may actually enjoy much of it. It’s nutritious, canned when ripe so it’s full of flavor and it involves about zero prep work.
Ingredients & Instructions
So how do we do make a delicious canned peaches dessert that you’ll be excited to eat and proud to serve to others?
We’ll start by NOT pouring the heavy syrup down the drain.
Instead, simply reduce the heavy syrup with a bit of balsamic vinegar.
Serve the peaches over a scoop of good quality vanilla ice cream and drizzle your balsamic syrup reduction over the top. That’s it!
Looking for the best source of the highest quality balsamic vinegars & olive oils! Visit Oil Oil Lovers to shop the best! Featured on Food Network, Food & Wine & Truth in Olive Oil as a trusted brand!
This Canned Peaches Dessert is a ridiculously quick & simple recipe. Ready in under 10 minutes. It transforms a basic pantry staple into something delicious & exciting! I love it & hope you do too!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Canned Peaches Dessert
- 15.25 ounce can of peaches in heavy syrup syrup reserved
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- pinch salt
- vanilla ice cream
- Drain heavy syrup into saute pan. Add balsamic vinegar and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat so syrup is just simmering.
- Reduce syrup down by half, giving pan a shake or stirring often – this should take about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Serve a scoop of vanilla ice cream in a bowl, top with a few slices of peaches and drizzle the balsamic syrup over top.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy 🙂