One dozen Yellow Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting. Simple & delicious – the perfect cupcake recipe for any and all occasions!
I want a cupcake, maybe two. More than likely my husband and kiddos would like one too. Really, who doesn’t want a cupcake? Now we’ve happily enjoyed our cupcakes and the cupcake craze has been subdued. Thing is, there’s now 20 cupcakes remaining. I certainly don’t want to eat 20 more cupcakes (scratch that, I most certainly do, but I know better) so now I have 20 cupcakes to distribute. As much as I love to share my joy of baking, there’s days I don’t feel up to peddling baked goods.
That’s just one scenario. There’s many other reasons why you might only want 12 cupcakes. Or why you might need 24. Today I’ll share a quick and simple recipe for a dozen of yellow cupcakes. You could easily double the recipe if need be so.
This is a simple and basic cupcake recipe that yields a perfectly sweet, moist and fluffy cupcake that you can mix up and bake in no time. I topped these cupcakes with an equally simple & delicious chocolate buttercream.
Combined they create the perfect bite of cupcake. Way better than anything from a box and almost as effortless. Like you need any more reasons to bake cupcakes 😉
Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy Baking!
- For Cupcakes:
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup milk
- For Frosting:
- 4 tablespoon salted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoon milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, milk, baking powder and salt until thoroughly combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into cupcake liners until ¾ full. Do not over fill.
- Bake for 16 - 20 minutes or until tops spring back when pressed or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes rest in pan for a few minutes before removing to wire rack.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- For Frosting:
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter.
- Add in powdered sugar, cocoa powder, milk and vanilla extract.
- Beat, scraping sides, until creamy and combined.
- If you would like frosting a little stiffer, beat in additional powdered sugar until you reach desired consistency.
- Pipe or spread onto cupcakes.