Bringing back an old favorite – Candy Corn Popcorn Balls! Made with marshmallow, candy corn, pretzels & peanuts – it's a Halloween favorite!
This post may contain affiliate links and/or Amazon affiliate links. Thanks for reading & thanks for your support!
Halloween has always been my favorite holiday! With a little creativity, love and magic you can transform into anything your heart desires. Fairies, witches, monsters, cowboys, ghosts, princesses, zombies – it all goes. Throw in trick-or-treating, candy and lots of spooky fun – talk about one of the funnest days ever!
As you get older, your joy for the occasion doesn't change, but your approach to it does. It becomes about sharing the traditions you know and love with the children in your life. Recreating that joy for them.
We live in a rural and predominantly Amish & Mennonite area. Halloween goes pretty much unnoticed in my neighborhood. You definitely won't see the streets filled with happy little ghouls going door to door trick-or-treating. I'll admit it, I miss that.
Of course we still celebrate Halloween. The kiddos get dressed up and we go to all kinds of parties and go out trick-or-treating with our friends in their neighborhood. Fun times!
Halloween treats are so much fun to make! I love letting the kiddos get wild with spooky and monstrous creations. There are no rules when decorating sweets for Halloween – the creepier & crazier – the better.
These Candy Corn Popcorn Balls remind me a little bit of a peanut & caramel candy bar and a little less of a sticky, sugar bomb coated popcorn ball. Don't get me wrong – they're still a sticky sugar bomb – they just have some extra goodness throw into the mix.
Looking for more fun Halloween treats & have candy corn to use? Check out this Candy Corn Cones Surprise recipe!
There is a ton of room for creativity with popcorn balls. Play around with ingredients, add food color, sprinkles, candy eyes – have fun with it!
You know one of the best things about popcorn balls – they only take a few minutes to make.
Granted they're sticky and messy to make – but you just gotta have fun with it! You know who loves getting their hands into sticky marshmallow messes – just about every kid ever. 🙂
I hope you're loving these Candy Corn Popcorn Balls as much as we are! Whip up a quick batch – it'll bring back some memories & create some new ones! Here's to a frightful, fun & fabulous Halloween!
Thanks for stopping by!
Candy Corn Pop Corn Balls
- 1 bag of butter popcorn popped (2 oz bag – approx 9 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup Brach's Mini Candy Corn
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts
- 3/4 cup pretzels crushed
- 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows lightly packed
- 3 tablespoon margarine
- Pop popcorn. Empty into a large mixing bowl. Carefully inspect and remove and seeds.
- Add candy corn, peanuts and crushed peanuts. Mix.
- In a saucepan, over low heat, melt together margarine and marshmallows. Stir constantly until melted and combined.
- Pour melted marshmallows into popcorn/candy mix. Stir. Stir well until everything is evenly mixed, combined and sticky.
- With hands (spray with nonstick cooking spray) roll & press into popcorn balls. I prefer to make them about golf ball size.
- Drop onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Refrigerate until set. Store covered at room temp. Enjoy 🙂