This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerItUpWithHatfield #SimplyHatfield #CollectiveBias
These Cuban Tacos are a fun, quick & delicious summer meal. Cooked on the grill with Hatfield® Marinated Pork, ham steaks, pickles & Swiss cheese – it’s an exciting taco fusion! Add these tacos to your 4th of July menu to change up the typical cookout eats.
It’s summer and we’re in full cook out mode over here. Not only is cooking on the grill more enjoyable – it’s yet another fine excuse to be outdoors – but it’s less cleanup and doesn’t heat your kitchen up.
These Cuban Tacos are fun eating. They are in no way authentic, but still absolutely delicious.
I’m a country girl these days, but in my younger years I was a city dweller. One of the only things I miss about city living is the food. Any cuisine one could imagine within a few blocks away.
Oh, and the Bodegas. They all made sandwiches, but a select few made a mean Cubano. There would be ridiculous lines at lunch time for a sandwich, and it was worth every minute of waiting.
I try to keep summer grilling fun and exciting – different foods, unexpected meals – often inspired by favorite foods I’ve eaten in my travels.
These Cuban Tacos fit the bill. Fun, delicious, fresh. Did I mention they only take about half an hour to make?!? Perfect for dinner anytime of the week or a fun meal for your 4th of July cookout.
I’ve already proclaimed my love for pork, more than once, on this blog. It’s my favorite meat – so flavorful, so juicy, so versatile.
I’ve always enjoyed Hatfield® Marinated Pork – but I’m now passionate about it. Hatfield® Marinated Pork is family owned – American made. They’re committed to sustaining American family farms.
Hatfield® Marinated Pork is ethically raised and is committed to be 100% gestation crate free by 2022. The care and standard of life of farm animals should be a priority to all consumers. I implore you to read more about this on their website.
As always, Hatfield® Marinated Pork is delicious, tender, uncomplicated to cook and comes in a wide variety of cuts and marinated flavors. It’s ready to go when you are!
For this recipe I used Hatfield® Marinated Pork Loin Filet. I gave it some additional flavor with Adobo seasoning, threw it on the grill over medium high-heat, and grilled it for about 25 minutes. That’s it – it couldn’t get much easier.
To serve, I chopped up perfectly grilled Hatfield® Marinated Pork and grilled ham steaks, threw them in a tortilla and topped them with chopped pickles, Swiss cheese and a spicy garlic mustard. Hungry yet?
These Cuban Tacos are a great meal for a family dinner, entertaining guests or a 4th of July cookout! I hope you enjoy!
Are you ready for 4th of July? What’s on your cookout menu this year?
Thanks for stopping by!
- 22 oz Hatfield® Marinated Pork Loin Filet
- Adobo Seasoning to taste
- 14 oz Boneless Ham Steaks
- 5 Pickles chopped
- 1 pound Swiss Cheese diced
- Tortillas toasted
- Mustard, Mayo, Lettuce, Tomato to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Generously season both sides of Hatfield® Marinated Pork Loin Filet with Adobo.
- Grill Hatfield® Marinated Pork over medium-high direct heat for 10 minutes. Flip, and continue to grill for 10 – 15 minutes or until internal temp reaches 145.
- Halfway thru grilling, add ham steaks to indirect heat. Flip after 5 minutes.
- Now's a good time to toast your tortillas. Throw them on the grill – indirect heat for a minute or two or direct heat for half a minute.
- Let pork rest for 10 – 15 minutes and then chop pork & ham into bite sized pieces.
- Add pork, ham, pickles & Swiss cheese into a tortilla. Top with a drizzle of mustard or mayo, shredded lettuce or tomatoes if you prefer. Enjoy!
Stop into your local Giant Foods for an awesome selection of Hatfield® Marinated Pork.