This post was sponsored by Weight Watchers® International as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Chicken Parmesan Pizza & Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas using Flatout® Flatbreads (endorsed by Weight Watchers®). Quick, delicious & better for you meals! Oh, and I have coupons to share!
Ahhhh….warm weather and sunny days. After months of intolerable weather, there is no place I'd rather be than outside.
Some days the last thing I want to think about is dinner….and then dinner time happens. Man, I'm hungry and I got three other people to feed!
I do my best to feed my family well. A nutritious & well balanced diet is important to me. I stay away from fast foods & ready made, prepackaged meals.
In addition to a well-balanced diet, well, I'll cut to the chase – swimsuit season is just a month away! Lighter meals are a must for me this time of the year. Baking breads & sweets all thru the winter certainly has it's advantages & disadvantages 😉
I've learned a bit of meal prep is important to keep myself on track for quick & healthy meals. Nothing complex, no whole day cooking marathons. Cook up a few chicken breasts, marinate some meat so it's ready to cook, soak and cook some beans, chop up some veggies, make some salsa – simple ingredients that can go in any direction.
I'm not big into meal planning. I enjoy being sporadic and cooking whatever strikes me. I keep a well stocked pantry and lots of fresh ingredients on hand. Food should be fun – not a scheduled chore.
Flatout® Flatbread (endorsed by Weight Watchers®) are one of my secrets to making quick meals healthy & delicious. I love these flatbreads and always keep a few varieties on hand. They're BIG on flavor but LOW in carbs and sugar – plus they're loaded in protein and fiber! Who doesn't love a customized pizza or a quesadilla loaded with their favorite ingredients?! I use Flatout Light Original for quesadillas & Flatout Thin Crust Flatbread Pizza Rosemary Olive Oil for pizzas!
I use Weight Watchers® Shredded Cheese to LOAD up on my Flatbread creations. Low-fat doesn't always mean sacrificing of flavor or scary ingredients. The only difference is Weight Watchers® cheese is made using low-fat milk.
I'll mention snacking, because yes, we all snack. I was fortunate enough to sit in on a few dietary classes a few months ago. Snacking came up over & over again. Snacking is great – unless it becomes overindulgent. The key is a healthy snack and controlling your portion sizes. You know what was on the top five list of best snacks? Popcorn. Now we're not talking your bucket of movie theater popcorn drenched in butter – because that's the overindulgent part. But one serving of popcorn – that's just about the perfect snack!
JOLLY TIME® Healthy Pop® Popcorn (endorsed by Weight Watchers®) has made snack time easy, delicious & totally foolproof. No measuring, no counting calories or carbs – the perfect portion is all ready to go for you!
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoy these “better for you” snack & meal ideas! What are your go-to nutritious meals when pressed for time?
I found everything I needed to create these delicious recipes at my local Giant Food Stores. Flatout® Flatbread (endorsed by Weight Watchers®) are located in in the deli/bakery section.
Buy any 3 participating Weight Watchers® products, save $2. Limited quantity of offers. Offer expires 5/20/17. Search for coupon by entering Weight Watchers® brand name (link below)
I love my local Giant Food Store and their rewards card program! No longer do I have to fuss with cutting coupons – I visit their website and load coupons straight to my rewards card! This program is available at all Ahold grocery retailers: Stop & Shop, Giant Carlisle, Martin’s and Giant Landover!
Flatbread Chicken Parmesan Pizza
- Flatout® Thin Crust Flatbread Pizza Rosemary Olive Oil
- cooked chicken breast cut into strips (approximately 1/4 pound)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese approximately I used a blend of Parmesan & Weight Watchers® Mexican Style Blend
- tomato sauce I used about 3 tablespoon
- dried or fresh Italian herbs garlic powder, salt & pepper - any seasonings you prefer.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place just Flatout® Thin Crust Flatbread Pizza on an aluminum foil lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 2 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Layer with toppings. Layer with cheese first, then chicken, sauce, more cheese and any herbs or seasonings you'd like. Use less or more amounts of cheese, chicken, sauce to your preference.
- Bake for 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted through.
- Slice & enjoy!
Flatout Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
- 1 Flatout® Flatbread Light Original
- 1 cup Weight Watchers® Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese approximately
- 1/4 pound cooked chicken breast cut into strips (approximately)
- drizzle of olive oil
- optional toppings - sour cream salsa, tomatoes, avocado, peppers, cilantro, hot sauce
- Heat up a griddle or frying pan over medium / medium-high heat.
- Drizzle or spritz olive oil over cooking surface.
- Fold the Flatbread in half. Fill with chicken & cheese (more or less if you'd like)
- Place on griddle - cook until both sides are golden brown and cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes each side.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa, tomatoes, avocado, peppers, cilantro or hot sauce if you'd like.