Love sweet & salty? This Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie is for you! Rich & creamy peanut butter filling with a crunchy, salty, buttery pretzel crust.
This recipe was originally posted June 28, 2015. Updating post with new photos.
Sweet & Salty Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie – YUM
Who loves peanut butter and pretzels together? (Raises hand) The sweet and salty combination is killer! A few pretzels dipped in some peanut butter makes an awesome snack. Even those peanut butter filled pretzel bites hit the spot.
Want to take that peanut butter and pretzel combo to a whole new level? Think dessert and make a pie out of it!
Looking for more peanut butter pie deliciousness? Check out this recipe for Peanut Butter Cheesecake Filling!
This pie doesn't involve a whole lot of hands on time. It does involve a bit of planning though.
The peanut butter filling of this pie does not get baked but it does require an overnight stay in the fridge to set up. I've already served this pie without enough cooling time in the fridge and it's just not as impressive.
So plan ahead.
The crust is as simple as throwing a graham cracker crust together. Either smash the pretzels in a ziploc with a rolling pin for a more coarse crumb to the crust. Or use a food processor for a finer crumbed crust. Mix the crumbs with some sugar and melted butter, press into a pie pan and bake for a few minutes.
As for the pie filling, you're pretty much just mixing everything together with exception of the heavy whipping cream. In a separate bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form and fold into the peanut butter mixture. Spoon mixture into pie crust and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
Now comes the hardest part – waiting.
Slice & serve this pie immediately after removing from fridge.
It's delicious served plain. Or sprinkle some crushed pretzels, peanut butter cups or chocolate shavings on top of each slice. Chocolate syrup is nice too.
This Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie is a must try. Creamy, delicious & unique – yet doesn't involve a whole lot of work.
Hope you enjoy!
Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie
- 1 cup pretzel crumbs
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoon butter melted
- 8 oz block cream cheese – At room temp
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 extra pretzels, chocolate bar, peanut butter cups, chocolate syrup optional, to serve
For Pretzel Crust
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Crush pretzels. You can do this in a food processor or with a ziploc bag & rolling pin. You can crush the pretzels super fine or leave them a bit coarse for some texture.
- Combine crumbs, sugar and butter. Press firmly into a 9″ pie pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely before filling.
For Peanut Butter Filling
- In a large mixing bowl – whip cream cheese until light and creamy.
- Beat in sugar, peanut butter, vanilla extract & salt until smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whip heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into peanut butter mixture.
- Pour/spoon into pie crust. Smooth top out with spatula or back of spoon.
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight before serving. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Serve plain or sprinkle some crushed pretzels, peanut butter cups or chocolate shavings on top of each slice. Chocolate syrup is nice too. Enjoy!