I love peanut butter and pretzels together. The sweet and salty combination is killer – one of my all time favorites. A few pretzels dipped in some peanut butter makes an awesome snack. Even those peanut butter filled pretzel bites hit the spot. Want to take that peanut butter and pretzel combo to a whole new level? Think dessert and make a pie out of it!
This pie doesn’t involve a whole lot of hands on time. It does involve a bit of planning though. The filling of this pie does not get baked but it does require an overnight stay in the fridge to set up. I’ve already served this pie without enough fridge time and it’s just not as impressive. So plan ahead.
The crust is as simple as throwing a graham cracker crust together. I smash the pretzels in a ziploc with a rolling pin – I prefer more of a coarse crumb and pretzel bite to my crust. You could also use a food processor if you prefer a finer crumbed crust. Mix the crumbs with some sugar and melted butter, press into a pie pan and bake for a few minutes.
As for the pie filling, you’re pretty much just mixing everything together with exception of the heavy whipping cream. In a separate bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form and fold into the peanut butter mixture. Spoon mixture into pie crust and refrigerate at least 8 hours. Now comes the hardest part – waiting.
Your patience will be rewarded with sweet creamy peanut butter goodness inside a salty, crunchy pretzel crust. Think peanut butter cheesecake with a pretzel bite. Yum. Sprinkle some crushed pretzels on top of each slice before serving for some extra crunch.
This Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie is a must try. So delicious yet it involves such little work. I can’t wait to hear what you think about it! Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Baking : )
- 1 cup pretzel crumbs
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoon butter, melted
- 8 oz block cream cheese - At room temp
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 extra pretzels
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Crush pretzels. You can do this in a food processor or with a ziploc bag & rolling pin. You can crush the pretzels super fine or leave them a bit coarse for some texture.
- Combine crumbs, sugar and butter. Press firmly into a 9" pie pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely before filling.
- In a large mixing bowl - whip cream cheese until light and creamy.
- Beat in sugar and peanut butter until smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whip heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into peanut butter mixture.
- Pour/spoon into pie crust. Smooth top out with spatula or back of spoon.
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight before serving. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Crush extra crumbs and sprinkle on top of each slice. Serve immediately. Enjoy : )
- ***NOTE***You can substitute cool-whip (whipped topping) and a ½ cup of milk for the heavy whipping cream.