This sweet, creamy & simple Mango Sorbet is made with just 2 ingredients! It’s healthy, delicious, vegan & simple to make. One of my favorite non-dairy frozen treats!Jump to Recipe
Much of my best recipe inspiration comes from my grocery shopping trips. I’m a frugal and finicky shopper and visit a few different stores weekly. One for meats, one for pantry staples, one for natural & specialty foods yet another for fruits & veggies. Plus roadside produce stands and local butcher shops.
On this particular day I found a half peck of over ripe & a bit beat up mangoes for a buck. I knew instantly what to do with them – Mango Sorbet.
Remember the one ingredient banana “ice cream” craze. Really – the craze has never went away and for good reason. The stuff is awesome!
Truth is, you can make a delicious “ice cream” or sorbet out of many of your favorite fruits.
I got these super ripe mangoes home and instantly peeled, chopped and froze them. The mango sorbet had to wait for another day, but the mangoes would not have.
You can often find deals on ripened produce and meats nearing their sell-by dates. You’ll save a lot of money buying these items, but it’s important to use or freeze them right away. Forget about them for a day or two and you’ll end up wasting food and money.
Back to the sorbet. I chopped the frozen chunks into manageable sized pieces, tossed them into my food processor and let it work it’s magic.
My food processor, the glorious appliance it is, is nearing it’s end. I’ve put this thing through a ton of abuse though the years and it still keeps going. That being said, I made this sorbet in two batches, added a bit of almond milk and stopped and scraped it down a few times. My food processor lives to tell the tale of yet another creation.
We devoured this stuff instantly. It’s perfectly smooth and creamy right out of the food processor. You can also freeze it and eat it at a later time, just pull it out a few minutes before scooping.
Hope you enjoy this simple, delicious and healthy frozen treat!
Thanks for stopping by!
2-Ingredient Mango Sorbet
- 4-5 very ripe mangoes
- almond milk as needed 2-3 tablespoons
- Peel, chop and freeze mangoes. It’s best to arrange them in a single layer if possible.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours or days if needed.
- Chop chunks of mangoes in manageable sized pieces and run in food processor. Add a tablespoon or two of milk. Expect to stop and scrape down side of food processor a few times. If mixture is still too thick, add an additional 1-2 tablespoon of milk.
- Serve immediately or freeze covered. It’s best served immediately 🙂
- Note – I ran this in two separate batches thru my food processor. If your food processor is a work horse, one batch will be fine.