I won’t lie – I crave sweets. All day, everyday. Not good, I know. Dark chocolate, peanut butter and cinnamon are the biggest culprits. I love to bake and those same three ingredients pop up more often than anything else in my baking expeditions.
I will rarely buy already made cakes or cookies at the store. Not only is it too easy to overeat that junk, store bought baked goods tend to lack any soul. Plain, boring and basic – it’s an unsatisfying sugar fix.
I bake the majority of any cakes, cookies and sweets we eat. It’s a good approach – not only is everything better (in every way) from scratch, it also minimizes the amount of junk we eat when it’s not readily available. If I don’t want to bake it, then we’re not going to be eating it.
Of course the system is not foolproof. There’s always the days when I want some baked goodness but don’t have the time or energy to put into a full scale baking production. In come quick, no bake cookies.
Best thing – these cookies only involve a few minutes of hands on time. Melt everything together, mix in the oats and shape into cookies. Throw them in the fridge for about an hour and they’re ready to devour. These will knock out any craving you have for something sweet and chewy – but they do it with a bit more of a healthy(ish) approach. These cookies actually make a pretty filling, wholesome, better for you snack!
Give them a try! It will only take a few minutes of your time and I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Eating better for you foods doesn’t always have to be a chore and a bore!
Thanks for stopping by : )
Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Oatmeal Bites - No Bake
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar not packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon milk / milk substitute
- 2 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- In a medium sauce pan, melt coconut oil over low heat.
- Stir in peanut butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, vanilla and milk.
- Continue to stir until smooth, melted and combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Stir in oats and remove from heat.
- Scoop up heaping tablespoons and form into a cookie, patty or ball shape.
- Chill in fridge for an hour and enjoy.
- Store covered in fridge.