These Lazy Day Baklava Bites are the quickest & easiest Baklava you’ll ever make!
Baklava Bites. Seriously. This recipe will be a game changer for all the honey, walnut and phyllo lovers. It takes just a few minutes and absolutely no effort to put together. You’ll have baklava at your fingertips – effortlessly, anytime. No more trips to the “good” bakery or waiting for the Greek Food Festival for this delightful pastry – the power is yours! 🙂
Let’s talk about baklava, shall we? Depending on who you talk to, it’s a Greek or Turkish pastry. No need to debate where it originated from, I’ll just focus on what we all know for sure. It’s an absolutely heavenly dessert. Those light & crisp flaky layers of phyllo smothered in walnuts and honey. My, oh my. At one time this dessert would have only been enjoyed by royalty and the rich.
There’s almost a hype to baklava in America. People think it’s an overly complex dessert to make. Apparently it’s something only Greek Grandma’s & Great Grandma’s can properly make. Not so. Baklava isn’t really complicated – layer phyllo, nuts and honey – anyone can do it.
Now, if you’re adventurous enough to make your own phyllo, that’s where it gets (just a wee bit) complicated. I’ve made it a few times – you’ll never guess with who – a Greek Great Grandmom 🙂 Anyhow, it’s not overly difficult, it just requires some time, attention and a little finesse. If you enjoy phyllo, then making it yourself should be something to put on your rainy day “to do list”….
Not today, though. We’re keeping the phyllo scenario simple. Real simple. I buy these premade little phyllo tart cups. (Athens brand. I’m not sure if there are other brands and I’m not sponsored to endorse this product – I just love it!) I keep them around for these desserts and also for a quickie spanakopita.
Anyhow, all I’m doing is melting the butter, mixing in the rest of the ingredients and filling it in the phyllo cups. Pop them in the oven and in a few minutes you’ll have perfectly delicious baklava bites.
Really, that’s it. Let them cool and enjoy. You’ll be impressed with just how easy & perfectly delicious this baklava is. If you’re so kind to share, everyone who tastes your heavenly dessert creation will be impressed. Seriously. Make these baklava bites. You can thank me later 🙂
Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy Baking!
Lazy Day Baklava | Quick & Easy Baklava | Baklava Bites
- 1 package of mini phyllo/fillo shells I used Athens brand - there's 15 shells
- 4 tablespoon walnuts heaping
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoon honey
- pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil or parchament paper.
- Crush walnuts. I put them in a ziploc sandwich bag and do a few go overs with a rolling pin.
- Add butter and brown sugar in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30-45 seconds or until butter is melted. Stir. (You could do this stovetop in a small saucepan if you prefer)
- Stir in walnuts, a pinch of cinnamon and honey until everything is sticky and combined.
- Evenly fill phyllo cups with walnut mixture, about 1 heaping teaspoon per cup.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Some mixture might ooze out of sides, this is fine.
- Let cool on cookie sheet. Garnish with additional walnuts if desired. Enjoy.