This is for all you Snickerdoodle lovers 🙂
The past week or two have been a total bust. Lots of baking but nothing to blog about. Too sweet, too gooey, too crunchy, not enough of the flavor I was after…lots of nothing. Lots of sweet nothings that still have to get eaten. It's been days and I don't even want to think of a brownie or a chocolate chip.
Despite continuous failure, I still have the baking bug. I decided I'd put the creativity aside and try something new to me but tried and true. With no chocolate. Yup, I said it. No chocolate. What has July done to me?
Browsing Pinterest, I found a Snickerdoodle Blondie recipe. Seems everyone adores a Snickerdoodle but me. On a plate of Christmas cookies, Snickerdoodles are one of the cookies I'll push off to the side for someone else to deal with. They're a bit boring and off texture to me. I prefer soft and chewy cookies loaded with chocolate chips, peanut butter, fruits or jams.
These blondies did look interesting though. A scan of the comments confirmed people were loving these soft and chewy bars. Sold. I had to try them.
I”m so glad I did! This was an easy treat made with basic, on hand ingredients that took just a few minutes to throw together. I was impressed – this was the best Snickerdoodle anything I've ever had. Soft, chewy, buttery, cinnamon – it was pretty good! My family loved these bars – my husband requested a batch to take into work sometime soon.
So am I a Snickerdoodle convert? Not quite yet. I did enjoy these Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars and will make them and eat them again. I look forward to baking a few batches of these around Christmas time for friends and family. Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy Baking!
Snickerdoodle Soft & Chewy Cookie Bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease or spray a 13x9 baking dish.
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat in brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until thoroughly combined. Do not over mix.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the white sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until the surface springs back when gently pressed.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into squares and enjoy 🙂