This post may contain affiliate links & Amazon affiliate links. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for reading and thank you for your support ♥
The recipe for Ocean Spray Cranberry Bread is perfectly moist & delicious! It’s a moist cranberry, orange & nut bread full of tangy tart sweetness. A must bake during the holiday season!
Stock Up On Cranberries While You Can!
Every fall, I stock up on cranberries. They’re one of my favorite fruits/berries and I enjoy baking & cooking with them year round.
The cranberry season is a short one…so get them while you can!
In case you didn’t know – cranberry prices drop like crazy after Thanksgiving and Christmas.
They freeze perfectly, just throw the little baggies in the freezer as is. Added bonus – cranberries can be baked without being thawed in many recipes.
This bread, like all quick breads, goes together very easily.
Quick breads are pretty much foolproof – just don’t over mix or over bake.
Every good cranberry bread or muffin I’ve ever had the pleasure of eating always had big bites of berries in it. Hence why I prefer to cut most of the cranberries in half, just leaving the little ones whole.
I know it’s tempting to pull out the food processor, really though, skip it this time. It’s not that bad of a job cutting cranberries when frozen.
As for nuts, I used what I had on hand – a mixture of walnuts and almonds.
*Side note* I often get asked about the bread boards I use. It’s a bamboo bread board with a a crumb catcher. I use it to slice & serve. Click here for the product link.
This bread is delicious – perfectly moist! Ocean Spray Cranberry bread is a classic – it’s a nostalgic Fall flavor.
The orange and cranberries make this bread full of tangy tart sweetness. The nuts give it the perfect bit of crunchy texture. I love eating it as is, with a smear of butter or browned with a bit of butter in a frying pan.
Hope you enjoy!
Ocean Spray Cranberry Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh or Frozen Cranberries – halved
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease/spray a 9×5″ loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Add in orange juice, vegetable oil, orange peel and egg. Stir until just combined – DO NOT over mix.
- Stir in cranberries and nuts.
- Spread evenly in loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 – 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy.