Today I’m sharing some hearty, easy & delicious breakfast ideas. A Cheesy Sausage Breakfast Bake is coming up – along with some bacon love. Oh, and I have a breakfast deal to share with you too 🙂
“Eat Breakfast Like a King, Lunch Like a Prince, and Dinner Like a Pauper”.
This old quote is tried, true & sound advice. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it deserves better than doughnuts and toaster pastries. Seriously. Good mornings lead to great days.
There are staple ingredients for a hearty breakfast. Eggs, sausage, bacon & cheese. The breakfast possibilities are endless when you start with these fab four.
One of my family’s favorite breakfasts is a Cheesy Sausage Breakfast Bake. I’ve been making if for years and still make it often for breakfast – it’s filling, delicious and everyone wants seconds. Here’s some great news – it can be made ahead of time and reheated in the microwave – the leftovers are just as delicious. Perfect way to get a homemade breakfast on the table on those crazy and hectic mornings.
Oh, and I must mention how simple this breakfast is to make. It takes about ten minutes of hands on attention and then everything gets thrown in the oven to bake. Jimmy Dean Premium Pork Sausage is the star ingredient in this breakfast bake. It’s seasoned to absolute perfection – your breakfast will always taste great!
Bacon. I love it, you love it, we all love it. Seriously – you can not go wrong with bacon at breakfast (or any other time of the day). Serve it with eggs, on a breakfast sandwich or with pancakes or waffles and breakfast is a total win.
Over the years my bacon making method has evolved. Many moons ago, when I was cooking just for myself, I would throw a few pieces in my beloved cast iron pan and happily fry it up. Fast forward to present day – I’ve picked up a husband and had two kiddos along the way. Frying up separate batches of bacon in my trusty old pan was no longer practical. I have a nice size griddle – but often it was being used for eggs or pancakes. Into the oven the bacon went. Seriously – baking bacon is a foolproof method. No fussing, no flipping, no splattering – just throw it in the oven and bake. It doesn’t get much easier.
I’m loving this new Jimmy Dean Hickory Smoked Bacon I found at my local Giant Foods! I get the perfect amount of delicious bacon taste & crunch in every single bite with the thicker cut slices.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day – make it count & make it delicious! How about starting with this Cheesy Sausage Breakfast Bake? I hope you love it as much as we do! I’d love to hear your recipes – what is your favorite way to eat sausage or bacon with breakfast? Thanks so much for stopping by 🙂
“See for yourself how good mornings lead to great days when you start them off with Jimmy Dean. Right now at Giant Foods when you buy 3 Jimmy Dean products you get $5 off through 8/11. While supplies last.”
- Jimmy Dean Premium Pork Sausage Roll "Regular", 16 oz
- 1 cup flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ teaspoon dried minced onion
- pinch salt & pepper
- sour cream, chives to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray or grease a 13X9 baking dish.
- In a skillet over med/high heat, crumble and brown sausage roll. Drain grease. Set crumbled sausage aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large (separate) mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and melted butter.
- Add flour mixture into liquid mixture. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in sausage, 1 cup of shredded cheese, minced onion and a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Pour into greased 13X9 baking dish and bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean - about 30 - 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese over top of casserole. Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let casserole rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. Cut into squares and top with sour cream or snipped chives if desired. Enjoy 🙂
- desired amount of bacon (I used Jimmy Dean Hickory Smoked Bacon)
- aluminum foil
- cookie sheet
- Position an oven rack to center of oven. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place desired amount of slices of bacon on cookie sheet. Do not over crowd - if using a whole pound of bacon, use 2 cookie sheets.
- Bake bacon for 12 - 18 minutes or until desired color & crispness. No need to turn.
- Remove bacon and let rest on a paper towel lined plate to soak up excess fat.
- Serve & enjoy 🙂