This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KetchupWithFrenchs #CollectiveBias
Pizza Burgers AKA Mini Cheeseburger Stromboli. A fun, easy & delicious dinner the whole family will love! Recipe for pizza dough too ♥
I cook dinner on a nightly basis. Preparing meals at home is not only the most budget friendly way to feed a family – it’s far more health conscience. It’s great knowing exactly what’s going into your food and what you’re feeding your family.
It’s important to keep mealtime fun and exciting. We all get in “dinner time slumps”. We’re tired, we lose inspiration and end up serving the same old, go-to meals.
Sometimes it’s fun to step back, take your existing menu and switch it up. Take a look at some of your family’s favorite foods and get creative with them.
Pizza. Cheeseburgers. These are all-time favorites in most homes. How about combining them? You just know this is gonna be good…!
So what are we doing here? Layer cheese, ketchup, mustard, pickles, onions & a burger patty in the center of the pizza dough. Carefully wrap & pinch the dough to cover. Bake till golden brown. Pretty simple, right?
Now let’s talk ingredients.
Ketchup. Not all ketchup is created equal. I insist on serving a ketchup that tastes delicious and is made with REAL ingredients. That’s why I love French’s Tomato Ketchup. French’s Ketchup uses high quality tomatoes and real sugar – no high fructose corn syrup, preservatives, or artificial flavors and colors.
French’s is proud to partner with Feeding America, a nationwide network of food banks that leads the nation in the fight against hunger. French’s partnership will provide 10 million meals in 2017. That’s something we can all feel great about!
Onto pizza dough. It’s one of my favorite ingredients – it’s such a versatile dough! Besides pizza, there’s so many other delicious meals you can create. Garlic knots, pretzel sandwiches, calzones, stromboli and of course these clever Pizza Cheeseburgers.
Now you can go and buy pizza dough. You’ll find it at your local grocery store or you can usually grab a chunk from your local pizzeria. This is a judgement free zone, you do what’s best for you. That being said – it’s unbelievably simple, cheap & quick to make pizza dough yourself. I made these Pizza Burgers with both store bought & homemade pizza dough in one weeks time. The homemade dough version was voted favorite from everyone.
As for the burgers – they’re best homemade. Not only are they tastier & juicier – you can also size the patty to your liking. I try to make them about 2 1/2″ round so I can get everything easily wrapped up in the dough deliciousness.
So liven up your mealtime menus and get some fun & exciting new foods in your dinner rotation!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Cooking!
What are your ideas for fun new meals?
- For Burgers:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon French's Tomato Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onions
- pinch of salt, pepper & smoked paprika
- For Pizza Burger:
- 1 pound pizza dough (if refrigerated let sit out at room temp for about 20 minutes before using)
- 6 cooked burger patties
- 6 slices of your favorite cheese, folded into fourths OR approx 1 cup shredded cheese / 2-3 tablespoons each burger
- French's Tomato Ketchup
- pickle chips/slices
- onions (optional)
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- a pinch of garlic powder, Parmesan cheese & dried parsley
- flour for dusting
- For Burgers:
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Roll beef mixture into 6 even size balls.
- Pat/shape into patties, about 2½" round.
- Cook burgers your preferred method and to just below your preferred temp. I cooked mine on a cast iron skillet to about medium rare - they will continue to cook a bit when in oven.
- Let cool down a little before assembling pizza burger.
- To assemble Pizza Burger:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Dust a nonstick cookie sheet with a bit of cornmeal or flour.
- On a floured surface, cut pizza dough into 6 even portions. Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Shape dough into rounds, just about double the size of the burger. Make sure the dough rounds are of even thickness - you don't want the centers too thin. If the dough is springing back too much, let it rest at room temp for a few more minutes. If dough is too sticky, dust hands with flour.
- Place cheese (slices or 2-3 tablespoon shredded) in center of dough. Squirt ketchup & mustard on cheese. Place a few pickle or onion slices on next. Finish with burger.
- Carefully fold, pinch and pull dough to cover burger and sides. Make sure dough is covering all areas.
- Place wrapped burger on cookie sheet, seam side down.
- Repeat with remainder of ingredients.
- Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic powder, parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Bake for 14 - 18 minutes until tops are light golden brown.
- Let burgers rest for a few minutes, serve & enjoy.
- 1 teaspoon instant dry yeast
- ¾ cup warm water 105°-110°F
- 2 cup flour
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- I use a stand mixer for this recipe, but you can just as easily do this by hand.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. I combine the two in my stand mixer and mix with dough hook until dissolved.
- Add in flour, salt and sugar. Using mixer & dough hook knead for about 5 minutes. Dough should be smooth and elastic and not overly sticky. If kneading by hand - knead dough for about 5-8 minutes.
- Place dough in a large greased bowl. Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise in a warm, draft free spot for about an hour and a half. The dough should almost double in size.
- Use immediately or refrigerate until needed.
I found French’s Tomato Ketchup and everything I needed to create my fun dinnertime deliciousness at my local Walmart store!