This post has been sponsored by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. This post may contain affiliate links and/or Amazon affiliate links. Thanks for reading and thanks for your support!
Individual Sized Cheeseburger Stromboli. A fun, easy & delicious dinner the whole family will love! Recipe for pizza dough or grab some from your local pizza shop or grocery store.
Cheeseburger Stromboli or Stuffed Pizza Cheeseburger?
Sometimes it’s hard to give a name to a recipe that makes sense.
Perhaps it’s easiest to explain what these are. We’re stuffing all our favorite burger ingredients into a round of pizza dough, wrapping it up and baking.
You’ll need one pound of ground beef. I’ve included a simple (but flavorful) burger recipe.
Cheese. Use your favorite cheese – sliced & shredded both work well.
Condiments. Ketchup, mustard, pickles, onions….use what you love! What’s great is that these are individual burgers, so everyone can have their Cheeseburger Stromboli their way.
Onto pizza dough.
Now you can go and buy pizza dough. You’ll find it at your local grocery store or you can usually grab a chunk from your local pizzeria. This is a judgement free zone, you do what’s best for you. That being said – it’s unbelievably simple, cheap & quick to make pizza dough yourself. I made these Cheeseburger Stromboli with both store bought & homemade pizza dough in one weeks time. The homemade dough version was voted favorite from everyone.
If you enjoy making pizza dough – click here for my Flammkuchen (a German pizza) recipe.
So what are we doing here?
Layer cheese, ketchup, mustard, pickles, onions & a burger patty in the center of the pizza dough. Carefully wrap & pinch the dough to cover. Bake till golden brown. Pretty simple, right?
As for the burgers – they’re best homemade. Not only are they tastier & juicier – you can also size the patty to your liking. I try to make them about 2 1/2″ round so I can get everything easily wrapped up in the dough.
This is a fun, delicious & different way to enjoy eating burgers. You can turn making dinner into a family fun night and let everyone make their own!
Hope you enjoy!
- For Burger Patty:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onions
- pinch of salt pepper & smoked paprika
- For Cheeseburger Stromboli:
- 1 pound pizza dough if refrigerated let sit out at room temp for about 20 minutes before using
- 6 cooked burger patties
- 6 slices of your favorite cheese folded into fourths OR approx 1 cup shredded cheese / 2-3 tablespoons each burger
- Tomato Ketchup
- pickle chips/slices
- onions optional
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- a pinch of garlic powder Parmesan cheese & dried parsley
- flour for dusting
- For Burgers:
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Roll beef mixture into 6 even size balls.
- Pat/shape into patties, about 2 1/2″ round.
- Cook burgers your preferred method and to just below your preferred temp. I cooked mine on a cast iron skillet to about medium rare – they will continue to cook when in oven.
- Let cool down a little before assembling pizza burger.
- To assemble Cheeseburger Stromboli:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Dust a nonstick cookie sheet with a bit of cornmeal or flour.
- On a floured surface, cut pizza dough into 6 even portions. Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Shape dough into rounds, just about double the size of the burger. Make sure the dough rounds are of even thickness – you don’t want the centers too thin. If the dough is springing back too much, let it rest at room temp for a few more minutes. If dough is too sticky, dust hands with flour.
- Place cheese (slices or 2-3 tablespoon shredded) in center of dough. Squirt ketchup & mustard on cheese. Place a few pickle or onion slices on next. Finish with burger.
- Carefully fold, pinch and pull dough to cover burger and sides. Make sure dough is covering all areas.
- Place dough wrapped burger on cookie sheet, seam side down.
- Repeat with remainder of ingredients.
- Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic powder, parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Bake for 14 – 18 minutes until tops are light golden brown.
- Let burgers rest for a few minutes, serve & enjoy.
- 1 teaspoon instant dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water 105°-110°F
- 2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- I use a stand mixer for this recipe, but you can just as easily do this by hand.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. I combine the two in my stand mixer and mix with dough hook until dissolved.
- Add in flour, salt and sugar. Using mixer & dough hook knead for about 5 minutes. Dough should be smooth and elastic and not overly sticky. If kneading by hand – knead dough for about 5-8 minutes.
- Place dough in a large greased bowl. Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise in a warm, draft free spot for about an hour and a half. The dough should almost double in size.
- Use immediately or refrigerate until needed.
Cheeseburger mini Stromboli… Ingenious! What a fantastic dinner idea, I’m definitely bookmarking this page and making this for my family later this week!
Ingenious – I love it! Thanks so much Andrew 🙂
What a fantastic dinner, Amanda!! Pizza burger sure sounds delish to me. I want to try this with my GF pizza dough. YUM!
I know these will be a big hit in this household. Thanks.
Kelly Lynns Sweets and Treats
How fun are these?!?! My family would flip for these. PINNING!
Amy (Savory Moments)
OK I love these – they are super fun and looks so yummy! Perfect for kids, too.