This post was sponsored by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. As always, all opinions are mine alone.
This Tamale Pie Casserole is a quick, simple and delicious dinner you can have on the table in about 45 minutes! Line up the toppings to make everyone’s tastebuds happy!Jump to Recipe
A Simple to Prepare Dinner that’s Fun & Tasty!
I think we all fall into the dinner time rut – and often.
Did you ever imagine how difficult it would be to creatively and effectively serve dinner? Every. Single. Night. *Sigh*
You can prepare a fabulous meal using a combination of pantry staples, fresh produce and fresh meat in about 45 minutes.
This Tamale Pie doesn’t involve a whole lot of work – the most you’ll be doing is browning the ground beef. From there you simmer the beef with the taco seasoning, RO*TEL and corn. Make a simple crust with cornmeal, press it into a greased pie dish, top with the meat mixture and bake. That’s it.
RO*TEL is one of my favorite canned ingredients – it gives this dish so much of it’s flavor and zest.
Line Up the Toppings
I offer a variety of simple toppings with this tamale pie to keep everyone’s tastebuds happy. Snipped cilantro, green onions, avocado slices, hot sauce, sour cream – top it up with whatever your family likes. I also served this Tamale Pie with a side of refried beans topped with melted cheese and chipotle hot sauce.
Cheers to a flavorful and exciting home cooked meal that doesn’t take hours of fussing. Cheers to sitting down with the family and eating a meal together. It’s important to make time for those that matter most!
Thanks for stopping by!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans RO*TEL undrained (10 oz)
- 1 packet taco seasoning 1 oz
- 1 can corn drained (15 oz)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Pam Cooking Spray
- sliced black olives optional
- optional for topping – lettuce avocado, cilantro, spring onions, sour cream, hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray a pie dish using Pam Cooking Spray.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Drain grease.
- Add envelope of taco seasoning, both cans of Rotel and can of drained corn. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring often. If mixture gets too dry, add a tablespoon or two of water.
- Combine cornmeal, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk and oil.
- Mix together cornmeal mixture and egg mixture.
- Pour mixture into greased pie dish – use a spatula or back of spoon to make an even layer.
- Spoon meat mixture evenly over cornmeal crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Cool for about 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Top with black olives, lettuce, avocado slices, cilantro, spring onions, sour cream, hot sauce or anything else you prefer.
- Enjoy 🙂