This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #CollectiveBias
This Spanish Seafood Salad will keep your Big Game menu exciting! Loaded with shrimp, crab, octopus, fresh veggies & olives – it has fresh, bold flavor & just the right amount of heat.
It’s getting to that time of the year again! Time for friends and family to unite for football, food and fun. Time to start planning our menus for the Big Game. Snacks, finger foods, appetizers, salads, fried foods, smoked meats, desserts – it all goes!
I love entertaining and enjoy out doing myself just a little every year. There are a few foods that are favorites and must be served every year. I also have fun switching it up, keeping my guests guessing & excited about what we’re going to eat.
I already have my Big Game menu planned! I won’t share my whole menu – but – I’ll share one of my party favorites. Spanish Seafood Salad. Oh. My. Yum. I don’t make it often enough and it’s ALWAYS requested!
This Seafood Salad is simple enough to make and involves minimal cooking. Actually, you can avoid all cooking by buying precooked shrimp. This salad does involve a little dicing and chopping prep time – but it’s all worth it.
Throw together shrimp, crab meat, octopus (yes, octopus – trust me – it’s wonderful) tomatoes, green peppers, onions, olives…then there’s my extra, but not so secret ingredient…
El Yucateco® Green Chile Habanero Hot Sauce. Made with fresh, hand picked green habanero peppers, garlic and select spices & seasonings. El Yucateco® contains far less vinegar then the average hot sauce giving you the true flavor of the pepper. El Yucateco® is the #1 authentic habanero hot sauce & Green Chile Habanero Hot Sauce is their #1 seller nationally!
El Yucateco® really livens this Seafood Salad up! It adds so much crisp and bold flavor, so much depth with just the perfect amount of heat.
I never go overboard when adding heat to may food. Some people do prefer things hotter, so I keep a bottle or two of hot sauce on my table for those with more adventurous palates.
Now, we’ll go back and talk about octopus for a minute. Yes, there’s octopus in this salad. I love the taste & texture the octopus gives this salad. Although most people would never guess it’s in there – I’ve tried making this salad without octopus and definitely missed it. I use canned octopus for this salad, but go ahead and use fresh if you prefer. Squid works too. The canned variety is cooked and ready to go with a little chopping. I usually find it in the ethnic or Spanish section in my grocery store.
I serve this salad with an assortment of accompaniments. It’s great eaten all alone, with a squirt of lime, with a few slices of avocado, in fresh flour tortillas, with tortilla chips, with pasta, over rice, over a simple lettuce salad – it’s all wonderful!
Hope everyone enjoys their time together this football season. Food, family, friends & football = great times ♥
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Head over to El Yucateco® for all the recipes, ideas and inspiration you need to plan your Big Game menu!
- 2 pound shrimp, cooked & peeled
- 1½ pound artificial crab & lobster meat (use the real stuff if you have it)
- 4 - (4 oz.) cans octopus, drained (again, if you have fresh stuff, use it)
- 1¼ cup green stuffed pimento olives, halved (approx 5½ oz jar)
- 1 large crisp green pepper, diced
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon El Yucateco® Green Chile Habanero Hot Sauce, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt, to taste
- Add cooked & peeled shrimp to large mixing bowl.
- Chop half of "crab" meat, by hand and flake the other half. Add to mixing bowl.
- Chop larger chunks of octopus. Add to bowl, mix all seafood together.
- Add halved olives, diced green peppers, tomatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil, El Yucateco® Green Chile Habanero Hot Sauce and salt. Mix well.
- Cover bowl & let salad sit for a few hours in fridge to blend flavors.
- Serve cold. This salad is wonderful by itself or with lime, avocado, salad, pasta, rice, tortilla chips, fresh flour tortillas, crackers (etc)