This post contains affiliate links. As always, all opinions are my own. Thanks for reading & thanks for your support!
Big Jumbo Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. Thick & delicious! No thin or crispy cookies here.
Team Chewy -vs- Team Crunchy
Everyone has a favorite chocolate chip cookie. If you’re not much of a chocolate chip cookie connoisseur then you might think they’re all pretty much the same. You would be mistaken, though.
There’s crispy, chewy, crunchy, soft, flat, thick, crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside – so many varieties. Ahh…the magic of baking.
In my home, one chocolate chip cookie reigns supreme. It’s a thick and chewy cookie. Oh, and it’s a BIG one. Jumbo, to be exact.
This is a pretty basic cookie dough recipe – it’s just a larger batch. Oh, and you’re dropping the dough by 1/4 cups instead of the standard measly tablespoon.
I’ll forewarn you, I burned up an expensive & pretty stand mixer with this cookie dough.
You have two options here.
Invest in a good kitchen stand mixer – a workhorse that effortlessly mixes & kneads thick bread and cookie doughs. Click here to check out my favorite stand mixer.
Or use a handheld mixer to cream the butter and sugars and stir the flour in by hand. It’s a workout but gets the job done.
This makes 2 dozen of BIG jumbo chewy chocolate chip cookies. I have never eaten more than one cookie in a sitting. I’m like a cookie monster – so seriously, it’s one THICK cookie.
Give it a try – if you’re a fan of chewy chocolate chip cookie then this is for you! If you’re a fan of those thin & crispy chocolate chip cookies, well, it’s about time to come to the other side (lol)
Hope you enjoy!
Here’s that stand mixer I love…click mixer image to learn more. Plus score $10 OFF & FREE shipping! Yay!
Jumbo Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 4 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup butter softened (3 sticks)
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°
Using Stand Mixer:
- Using Stand Mixer: Cream together butter & sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined and creamy. Mix in baking soda, baking powder & salt. Mix in flour, 1 cup at a time. Scrap sides and bottom to make sure all flour is mixed in. Mix in chocolate chips.
Without Stand Mixer:
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined and creamy.
- Stir in flour mixture (by hand) 1 heaping cup at a time until everything is combined and there is no more dry patches (check bottom of bowl)
- Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop and Bake
- Drop dough by 1/4 cups on ungreased cookie sheet – 6 cookies on a sheet.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until cookies just start to get light golden brown on tops.
- Let cookies rest for a minute or two on cookie sheet and transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Enjoy 🙂