This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareTheFlavor #CollectiveBias
Palmiers – A sweet French Pastry that’s fancy but not fussy. Buttery, flaky, delicate & delicious – perfect for every occasion ♥
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I won’t dispute that, but I will add that coffee is the most important drink of the day.
Coffee is most certainly not just for breakfast. A few good cups of coffee are a must to keep me going thru the day. I’m not a fancy coffee drinker – I appreciate a good, rich, flavorful cup of coffee.
Hence why I’m in LOVE with Dunkin’ Donuts® coffees. Dunkin’ Donuts Dark® is my go to – rich, smooth, dark and bold – it’s a cup of coffee perfection.
To top off my perfect cup of coffee I reach for Simply Pure®. True to it’s name – it’s made with simple, real ingredients – milk, cream and sugar. It comes in three perfectly simple flavors – I myself am a vanilla kinda girl.
Know what else pairs wonderfully with a good cup of coffee? A nice sweet treat ♥ I have so many baked goodies that are wonderful with coffee, but the ever so fancy, yet simple French Palmier is one of my favorites. This sweet, flaky, buttery pastry – also affectionately known as “Elephant Ears” – is a pastry treat for all occasions.
For reasons unknown, people think that Palmiers are an intricate cookie to make. I promise you, they are not. Roll out and up the puff pastry, slice, sprinkle or dip with sugar (add cinnamon or cocoa powder if you’d like) and bake. You can get creative if you’d like – but I’ve fallen in love with the simply wonderful layers of puff pastry and the buttery crispy sugar coating.
Coffee & Palmiers are one of my favorite dessert pairings. Perfect for a casual, sit around the table and chit-chat after dinner. Perfect for anytime you want to enjoy a good cup of coffee with a sweet bite.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy baking ♥
What sweet treats do you enjoy most with coffee?
#ShareTheFlavor Save $3 when you buy 1 Coffee (Café Bustelo®, Dunkin’ Donuts® or Folgers® coffee) + 1 Creamer (International Delight® or Simply Pure® Creamer) April 7 thru April 28 at your local Giant Foods!
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (1/2 pound) thawed but chilled
- ¼ - ½ cup granulated sugar
- cinnamon or cocoa powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Dust your work surface (cutting board, butchers block or counter) liberally with sugar.
- Place thawed puff pastry sheet on top of sugar.
- Sprinkle top of puff pastry with a bit of sugar, gently spread and even out with your hand.
- Roll out pastry to a rectangle, about ⅛" thickness.
- Find the center of your pastry. Tightly, but gently, roll each long side to the center of the pastry. The two sides will meet in the center.
- Dust a plate or cutting board with sugar, carefully transfer rolled puff pastry onto it, and chill in fridge for about 15 minutes.
- While waiting, fill a small bowl with remaining sugar and a sprinkle of cocoa powder & cinnamon (if desired).
- Return pastry back to work surface. Cut pastry roll into 12 slices.
- Gently dip both sides of the slices in sugar and transfer to cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6 - 8 minutes, flip and bake another 5 - 8 minutes until golden brown.
- Let palmiers rest for a minute on cookie sheet then transfer to wire rack and cool.