This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BoursinCheese #CollectiveBias
Cucumber hors d’oeuvres with Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese, smoked salmon & capers. Simple to make yet fancy & delicious!
The holiday season is among us. Yay – it really is the most wonderful time of the year!
As friends and family drop by, at times unexpected, it’s important to have an assortment of quick to assemble hors d’oeuvres & bites to eat. No one comes to my house without being fed – that’s surely the Italian in me ♥
There are always the basics you put out. Fresh veggies & dip, chips, pretzels, crackers, cubed cheese, olives. I always need something a little more…shall I say, a bit more gourmet. Something that is to be enjoyed and remembered.
I have a few tricks up my sleeve – and in my fridge. I’ve fallen in love with Boursin® Cheese and always keep a box or two in my fridge. It’s perfect for last minute entertaining or anytime snacking.
I can’t get over the Boursin® Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese. So creamy, yet crumbly, with sooooo much flavor. It takes any cheese plate from basic to beautiful.
Of course I serve it on a cheese block with some good crackers. Crackers are to be expected, simple and to the point.
Then I go and take it up a notch. I throw together something a little more special, something with some wow factor, with just a few minutes of kitchen time.
All it takes is cucumber slices layered with a generous spread of Boursin® Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese, a sliver of smoked salmon and a caper or two. A few simple ingredients combined create extraordinary flavors!
So be ready for your holiday company – expected or not : )
Thanks so much for stopping by!
What are your favorite snacks to serve when entertaining?
- 1 cucumber, peeled & sliced
- Boursin® Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese
- thinly sliced smoked salmon, cut into slivers
- Peel & slice cucumber.
- Spread a generous amount of Boursin® Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese on top of each cucumber slice.
- Place a thin sliver of smoked salmon on top of cheese. If you'd like to serve it as pictured, wrap it around the bottom of a toothpick and carefully slide off.
- Place a caper or two on top.
- Serve & enjoy 🙂
I grab Boursin® Cheese at my local Walmart store. I found it in the gourmet cheese section nearby the deli. There are so many delicious flavors – you’ll want to try them all 🙂
- Boursin® Red Chili Pepper
- Boursin® Cranberry & Spice
- Boursin® Basic & Chive
- Boursin® Cracked Black Pepper
- Boursin® Cranberry & Apple